Thanks for visiting our website. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
2. Contacting Us
3. Types of Information
- “Personal Information” can also include data that is usually non-personally identifiable on its own, such as location data or IP addresses, data about personal attributes or online identifiers, but that taken with other data or information, may identify a natural person either directly or indirectly.
- “Sensitive Information” may include information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, political opinions, philosophical beliefs, health or genetic information, sexual preference, membership of professional or trade associations or unions or criminal record.
- The Tasmanian AFL Taskforce does not generally collect Sensitive Information from users. However, if Sensitive Information is collected, it will only be on the voluntary provision of users with their informed consent. If you do volunteer information to the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce, including Sensitive Information, you are also providing consent for the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce to collect, store and use that information.
We collect Personal Information as well as non-personally identifiable
information when users visit or register to subscribe to our newsletter. We collect Personal Information from users in optional, voluntary
submissions, including but not limited to:
- Profile information via forms or registrations when you subscribe to, access or use our Website, newsletter, Content or social media pages;
- If you sign up to our newsletter using your Personal Information;
- If you make contact with us in relation to customer service requests or feedback;
- If you enter competitions or other promotions offered by us by providing your information in response to the entry requirements;
- If you make contact with us for other reasons.
- We also collect data via automatic processes when users visit or access our Website or other digital platforms. We generally collect non-personally identifiable information in these processes, but sometimes the information collected may be personally identifiable. For example:
- We may track activity relating to your interactions with our direct mail communications;
- We may track activity relating to your interactions with links contained on our Website or in our newsletter.
- Some cookies may be associated with Personal Information about you and some may not. Wherever possible, we anonymise and pseudonmise the information we collect via cookies or other tracking technologies.
- We may also obtain information from third party sources. We may use analytics tools and other third party technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use or access our Website, Content or services. For example, we use Google Analytics features to collect data about traffic to our Website using tracking technologies. The information that is collected is not personally identifiable, and is pseudonymous or aggregated data that does not identify any individual user.
- Third party analytics companies may combine the information collected for us with other information they have independently collected, but we take care to ensure that the information collected for us is pseudonymous or anonymous so that users cannot be identified when the information is combined.
5. Our Use
- The Tasmanian AFL Taskforce uses Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information to optimise user experience and to enhance our relationship with our users through communication, sharing features, marketing and advertising.
The Tasmanian AFL Taskforce collects and employs user information,
without limitation to:
- Provide users with access to all parts of the Website;
- Enable users to access Content from the Website;
- Confirm order details and process;
- Provide users with customer support, respond to users’ requests or seek user opinions or feedback;
- Share communications such as newsletters, process transactions, send updates, receipts and newsletters regarding the Content or the Website;
- Analyse information received from cookies and tracking technologies in order to personalise content and information, provide the most relevant information and services, administer support and develop the Website and Content and improve the services provided by the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce;
- Prevent abuse and fraud;
- Enable users to share links to Content on third party services (we may need to access and disclose your Personal Information to such third party services if you wish to connect and share our Content via those sites);
- Conduct administrative and internal business purposes;
- Protect the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce’s rights; or
- Protect the safety of users.
- The third party analytics companies that we use may share pseudonymous or aggregated user data with other measurement companies, in order to analyse and report on it for their clients.
European Union and European Economic Area: This section is relevant to
users in the European Union and the European Economic Area (“EU Users”):
- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, we will not track EU Users’ activity or target EU Users using Personal Information without express consent from applicable users.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce does not direct personalised advertising and marketing to any users, including EU Users. This includes tracking activity using Personal Information or targeting users with advertising that uses Personal Information.
6. Tracking Technologies
- Cookies are small files that are placed on browsers by websites in order to understand user engagement with particular websites. They also store settings and information to facilitate more convenient access and use of web pages that have been previously visited. Cookies do not cause damage to a user’s computer and are not malicious files.
- Please note that if you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our Website, however your access to our Content or some of the functionality and areas of our Website may be restricted.
7. Third party websites
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, including links. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. The Tasmanian AFL Taskforce cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
8. Contests of Sweepstakes
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organisations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
9. When We Disclose Personal Information:
- Generally, Personal Information will not be disclosed to individuals or organisations outside of the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce without your prior consent. However, Personal Information may be disclosed in the circumstances described in this Section.
- When we do disclose information to third parties, we use non-personally identifiable information wherever possible and we require third parties to only collect and use Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and for no other purpose other than providing us with agreed services.
- When you use or access parts of our Website or any of our other services for an activity that is part of a partnership or joint promotion or event, you are consenting to provide your collected information to the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce and each of its partners. You acknowledge and agree that the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce’s partners will collect, store and use your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies and you should consult the relevant privacy policies whenever you provide your information in relation to a joint promotion or activity.
- We may disclose user information if we are legally bound to do so, or if in our reasonable opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent harm to ourselves, to our partners or affiliates, to other users or to third parties. We will notify users of such disclosure wherever practicable in all such instances.
- In the event that there is a change of ownership, control or interests in the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce (whether as a whole or in part), then the party that attains ownership or control or interest in the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce will obtain access to any existing user information that we store and use. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by posting a notice on our Website or sending you an email or direct communication.
10. Your Choices – Opting Out
- Users have a general right to access, edit and manage the collection, processing and use of their Personal Information. Users may opt out of any activity that involves collecting or processing their information for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please refer to the sections below, including the opt out options offered by us and our third party service providers.
- You may opt out or unsubscribe from receiving communications from the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce at any time by changing the settings via a hyperlink in the footer of emails received from the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce.
You may also opt out of the third party services currently used by the
Tasmanian AFL Taskforce to track your browsing activity. Managing your
and tracking technologies to perform their functions. But you can also
click on the relevant “choices” or “opt out” links provided below if you
would like more control over these interest based advertising settings
that we use:
- Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- il. Google’s AdX https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en
- Not withstanding the opt out options, you agree that by accessing the Website or becoming a subscriber, the Tasmanian AFL Taskforce may still send you relevant administrative notices from time to time.
11. When Information Leaves Australia
- Like many organisations, we may use infrastructure and service providers, partners, licensees or suppliers who are based or hosted outside Australia. User information may be disclosed and stored with such third parties, most often in the US or UK, but also globally.
- In the event that we are required to disclose your Personal Information to overseas third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such disclosures are subject to reasonable confidentiality terms, that the overseas third party is subject to a law or binding scheme that protects your information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar to the way in which the Australian Privacy Principles protect your information or that the overseas third party takes steps to prevent a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your information.
- We take measures, including the implementation and maintenance of physical, electronic and managerial procedures, in an effort to assure the security, integrity and accuracy of all Personal Information that we collect and to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or unauthorised access.
The Tasmanian AFL Taskforce:
- Restricts access to personal information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions;
- Will only collect Sensitive Information where required by law or with the User’s consent and will only use and disclose Sensitive Information for the purpose for which it is provided;
- Will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date;
- If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- We will contact the complaining party regarding their concerns and will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding Personal Information that cannot be resolved internally.
- Users in the European Union and European Economic Area have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in their member state. We encourage you to contact us first wherever possible, so that we can respond to your concerns. We will do our best to resolve them promptly in accordance with relevant laws and policies.
Last Updated May 5, 2022